Tuesday, September 06, 2005

'Tired of the games.' I hear it all the time ... sometimes directed at wanna-be straight kats and their brethren. I agree with this, but I never use phrases like that ... because I believe everyone's got a little game. Sometimes I've played them inadvertently or even sub-consciously ... but they are still the same little ruses that I sometimes despise in others. I'm talking little inconsequential things though ... which may or may not make me a bad person. But if you're talkin’ DL kats and the types of games they play ... then it’s obvious what they do. They inwardly love something that they outwardly--by their skulking for men while loathing all things gay--clearly despise. Why would I have time for such a conflicted person? Would he fall for me and change his clandestine ways? Would he introduce me to his parents, his friends, his co-workers? Or would he sacrifice my heart on the altar of his DL secrecy? The former is a possibility ... but the latter is more probable. I love gambling. I love taking the long shot, but when it comes to my heart and self-respect, I don't gamble with that. Guys like that are bad bets if you're looking to reap more than what's on display. So yeah ... that's why I don't have time for that, having strolled that picturesque road to nowhere before. Now … in spite of that, if he's fine enough and his 'game' is tight enough I might be down for a hand or two … because the game (if you can call it that) that I frequently play is exploiting the exceptions to all my little rules. And yeah, I think DL kats suck ... but so do the rest of us, at least some of the time.

3 comments:

E said...

Heh! We do all suck at least sometimes..:-)

I hear you about not gambling with your heart. I do it too many times myself and know I've played with a few hearts myself.

That Dude Right There said...

And I fully agree with you on this. I can't be bothered with any man that has to hide his sexuality, whatever it may be.

*LadieFire* said...

I couldn't mess with someone who wasn't at least honest with themselves. Being on the DL is by no means being honest with one's self. It calls into question what that individual is really afriad of. It's a wasted life, if all you do is live up to everyone else's perceptions and not your own.