Sunday, October 23, 2005

"Fifty years ago, white folks thought interracial marriages were a 'threat to the institution of marriage.' Texas Representative Senfronia Thompson.

She also said, "When I was a small girl, white folks used to talk about "protecting the institution of marriage" as well. What they meant was if people of my color tried to marry people of Mr. Chisum's color [State Representative Warren Chisum of Pampa sponsored the amendment, House Joint Resolution 6, which the house approved, 101–29, on April 25.], you'd often find the people of my color hanging from a tree."

And from those noise-making SGL rabble-rousers I love so much, Wil from Black Gay Men And Woman Of Action adds:

"Monday begins early voting in Texas to write discrimination into its state constitution: sgl marriage act. Regardless of your opinion of sgl marriage, unequivocally... All GLBT/SGL Texans Must vote NO on Prop.2

Gov. Rick Perry called black and white ministers to Austin to support Prop.2. Perry's not concerned about black ministers and congregants because blacks are so gullible; say homosexual - most Negros will ally with the KKK.

Sad: I have a 40+ yr old friend in a long-term committed relationship, but he doesn't see the importance of voting.

Therefore, I say to all those like my dear friend: If you don'tvote – shut the F*** Up and don't complain when the ramifications reach you and your partner now or later."

I couldn't agee more Wil ...

VOTE ... or shut the fuck up.

3 comments:

XYBØRG said...

Hi.

That Dude Right There said...

I guess I won't be moving to Texas!

E said...

Vote...or shut the fuck up! I like that.