Monday, August 08, 2005

First Dates: What's your M.O.?

*** Thanks 1Luv from JerzeeBrothas ***

When you prepare to go on a first date do you ...

A. ... do the traditional thing: wine, dinner, song, conversation?

B. ... do something different like a theme park or other activities?

C. ... do dinner at your place to demonstrate domestic abilities and have more intimacy?

D. ... do a sporting event such as football, basketball, baseball or other spectator sport?

E. ... or a picnic at a local park with good food, wine or other beverages? F. Other (Please list)

I pick E as my first date modus operandi, because a picnic in the right setting can make for an awesome first date.

Among other places, I like Liberty Park ... out on the grassy 'outcroppings' (or whatever the hell they're called), because as open as it is, its also secluded by the vast distances between me and everyone else. But there are also tons of spots peppered through the park where I feel complete privacy while enjoying the vista of the post 9/11 Metropolis ... even more beautiful and surreal for its poignancy. You can also demonstrate your domestic abilities, with a dash of adventure and style. I like it simple. Something like corned beef brisquit & hot mustard, bakery fresh bread & wine. Plus ... doing the 'dinner at my place thing' runs the risk of turning sexual, which could demote the experience to the ranks of cyber-hook-up status (I can be so weak sometimes). We've had enough of that already, with some literally fucking themselves to death. It's time we tamed that beast born of our cyber-evolution. A close second would be amusement park because I love the exhilarating high of the rollercoasters. You get a sense of what a man is made of when you repeatedly flip him upside-down. Gotta be careful what you ingest though ... puking on a first date is always bad form. Okay, I've spilled mine ... what's your M.O.?

5 comments:

SGL Café.com said...

yeah ...

and the least of the tragedy is they really fucked up our view.

on the upside, if there can be even be an upside, is we get to watch the new one go up again ... if they ever get the design right.

SGL Café.com said...

chris ...

that's post 9/11 'bullcrap'. unfortunately a necessary precaution. are people really gonna feel 'easy' working in the tallest building in the world once it's in New York again?

All these steps are to convince people it'll never happen again.

For me ... I'll NEVER work there again, 'cause with this administration making enemies by the nanosecond, there's always gonna be some fool tryna knock it down. You heard it here first ... @ SGLcafé

SGL Café.com said...

Ron ...

A picnic can have a seriously gay aura, but only if you envision a red & white checkered blanket with tupperware on it.

But guys like you and me know, if you do it with the right supplies, its very masculine ... and seductive.

And bottomline, I don't really care if any one thinks I'm gay. After all, I am ... kinda ... a little bit.

SGL Café.com said...

Rashid ...

They are all good first dates. I just don't trust myself with C, especially if I'm really feelin' the guy and the wine is flowing. Forget about it.

And Chris, that was cold. True, but cold.

Andre Lancaster said...

i think it depends on the person. i love the idea of intimate dinner throwin down my favorite baked salmon w/basil and strawberries next to some mash potatoes. Mmm... But then again I vibe the outdoor experience. I go out on picnics with friends to the beach and park all the time, so E is a must! Boys who aren't 'into it cause its "gay" are auto-eliminated.