Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Keyshia Cole ~ I almost wanna fuck her. To my boyfriend's dismay, I've been running this CD since I bought a few weeks ago. Actually, J loves her too ... he just wishes I'd stop playing it over and over like a damn fool in love. But this girl is NO JOKE. Don't walk ... RUN ... and buy this CD. Unless you have no taste at all, you won't be sorry. ~~ tS " ... Like many young people raised in a tough neighborhood, the 21-year-old songstress endured a tumultuous childhood in Oakland, California, and has fought all her life to keep her dream of a music career alive. Now she's realizing that dream on her own terms with her first album for the A&M label, The Way It Is. It's been a long road for Keyshia, but it's her powerful voice-- a bell-like instrument whose soaring clarity is topped off with a tantalizing touch of soulful grit -- that's carried her through, not to mention the diminutive singer's personal combination of sugar, spice, sass and sex appeal, along with a solid-steel spine. "Being young, you have to be really dedicated to doing it for yourself," says Keyshia, who co-wrote most of the songs on her new CD and cites artists like Mary J. Blige and Brandy as inspirations. "There's a lot of trials and tribulations you have to go through to get what you want, especially if you feel like it belongs to you." Within minutes of catching her boyfriend cheating, Keyshia was in her car driving to Los Angeles in the middle of the night to start a brand-new life...." ~~ Read more of her bio on KeyshiaCole.com

6 comments:

Clay said...

mayeb i need to check her out - from what i heard she seems like everyone else

alifenotsoblackandgay said...

i love keyshia cole, when i was going through my breakup for the seven hundred time, that song, "Just want it to be over" made me go out and buy the c.d. Lol. I don't think she is getting the attention she deserves. I wonder how her album is doing. I need to research.

SGL Café.com said...

Cane, you definitely should give it a try.

I Just Want it to be Over is the cut that I bought it for, but my favs now are Love, and You've Changed.

I swear I'm addicted to this CD. And its putting a strain on my relationship. I pray she does well.

Meadow said...

1) Your blog is tight.

2) I will definitely check out Ms. Cole.

3) Just from what I read here, I completely relate to her struggle - not the details but the overall desire, how one moment can be the last straw compelling you to chase your dreams cuz trying and failing is a better alternative than not trying at all.

Thank you for stopping by.

The Foxybrown Show said...

Ok I have to step in here...I did an entry on her about two weeks ago and I love her album from begining to end and it's what's in heavy rotation on my i-pod right now...Ok back to business..
What? The Season Finale of The Foxybrown Show?
Could it be? That Foxy is a bad motha…Shut yo mouth!

X said...

I'm not feeling her at all! Give me Fantasia or Leela James any day.

I actually blogged about Keyshia awhile back:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/phillyblackman/Blog/cns!1p8VUvCIok6jVB-HhQzYQhsg!174.entry