Friday, August 26, 2005

Sex Party Police ... or Big Brother?

If this shit doesn't scare ya, I don't know what will. Look out ... the Sex Party Police are watching!! This site implores us to report sex parties so that the hosts of these events can be prosecuted for "pimping" ... and the patrons are considered, get this ... prostitutes. That's a hot one. I don't know any prostitutes, but I think its safe to say not many would pay to get into a sex party. I also don't advocate attending sex parties any more than I advocate smoking or heavy drinking. But don't adults have the right to be reckless with their own health?
Who's really behind this site?
Hmmmm ..... I smell a Christian Fundie. Pat ... you feeble old fool, is that you?
Update (08/31/05) ~~ I talented fellow writer has a deeper, and more entertaining take on this issue @ A Life Not So Black & Gay. Check it out!

6 comments:

KneeDeep said...

You have got to be kidding, I guess there will be a few undercover cops in the parties now!
KD

Larry D. Lyons II said...

i was sure that this was going to be a joke.
what's next? reinstating the sodomy laws? outlawing gay personals and m4m websites? and what's worse is that they couch it in "save the race" propaganda. sad. sad. sad.

E said...

Heh. I'm sure the undercover cops will be partaking in the action themselves...*LOL*.

Maybe the people behind that site were rejected at a party a few times too many. I would never attend one myself but people do have the right to be as reckless as they wanna be.

Clay said...

this is weird and is that site serious???? how about tracking all the straight people that are getting banged out in NYC club bathrooms .. or bondage clubs like Hellfire (ummm never went but i know a lot of people!)??? Black male sexuality is always being attacked - i cant get into sex parties, but let people do want they want ...

Harold Gibson said...

At the risk of being labeled "undemocratic" I read the website and I saw where it talked about HIV/AIDS transmission rates and the need to be agressive or at least proactive in reducing the rate of transmission in the black population.

I guess people can do what they want to do but shouldn't we say that some behaviors are unacceptable and need to be strongly discouraged?

SGL Café.com said...

Yes, Harold, strongly discourgaged. But this is more than that. This will only accomplish a paranoid state where everyone is afraid of going to these events for fear of being arrested and humiliated.

It will not cause our brothers to be more careful with their sexual habits, but will cause them to seek other avenues of gratification. Parks, rest-stops, and any other place where they can get a quick one.

The sex drive is most powerful thing ... therefore I believe redirecting that energy to a more positive venue would be more effective, and less intrusive on our first amendment right to 'peaceful' assembly.

Aren't our rights already being chipped away enough?