Friday, August 12, 2005

Nation of Islam ~ Not just Homophobes

I've gotten more than a few notes about NoI shutting down Noah's Arc. I admit, the title of my post is a little provocative ... I intended it to be intriguing not misleading ... intriguing enough that people would log in to SGLcafé and hear what I was saying on the subject. But some people went offline, literally, and jumped to conclusions about the show being permanently shut down. Sorry for any confusion. As for the facts of the case as they are coming more to light from those present, it's comforting to know that it wasn't a totally anti-gay thing ... but at the same time, I'm not feeling any love for a so-called religious 'nation' who's members have the grace and comportment of dirty-rag windshield washers (extortionists). Crewmember Michael Elkin documents the frightening run in with the Western Regional Director of the Nation of Islam, Tony Muhammad, and his questionably holy dawgs.

No comments: